We eat these chicken wings all the time and I never remember to take a picture because I am so busy digging in. So please excuse the poor photo of the remaining few wings, and just trust me that these are way more tasty than they look.
These are perfect for a party as an appetizer, but also work as a main course. They are excellent for planning ahead as they freeze really well in the marinade. I usually prepare an extra batch (or two) when making these and freeze for a future easy meal.
- 3 1/2 pounds split chicken wings
- 2/3 cup safe ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Mix ketchup, honey, wine, sugar, salt, ginger and garlic together in large Ziploc bag.
- Add wings and squish gently to thoroughly coat all the pieces.
- Refrigerate overnight, or freeze for a future meal. If you previously froze this recipe, now thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Transfer chicken to foil-lined baking sheet. Pour a little marinade over each chicken wing so each is coated in sauce.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.