Sunday, May 31, 2009

Turkey Burgers


Ahhhh, a BBQ'd burger... Pre-allergy food, right? Wrong! I think I may have just discovered the best burger idea ever: Pancake buns. No, seriously! They are *delicious* and I think I even prefer them to the traditional wheat bun. They have a much more delicate texture than a bun and just melt in your mouth.

How simple is this?
Burger patty:
  • 1 pound ground turkey (preferably thigh)
  1. Shape meat into four patty shapes.
  2. BBQ until cooked through.
Burger "buns":
  1. Pan-fry mix into 8 pancakes that are slightly bigger than your burger patties.
  2. Load up your pancake "buns" with traditional condiments and burger trimmings as usual. (For me, that is dijon mustard and ketchup with some chopped onions).
To make things even simpler, I make extra pancakes with breakfasts and then freeze the leftovers. I then toast the pancakes whenever I need a bun. So easy and quick!


For the toddler version, I used cubed turkey meatloaf sandwiched between two pancakes. This was Little Man's first burger, and he gobbled it right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment