I love love love this chicken recipe. I love it so much I have a difficult time thinking of anything else to do with chicken breasts. It has few ingredients and requires little supervision, so it is easy-peasy to make. But it looks so lovely on the plate and tastes so good that it is perfect for serving to company.
I got the original recipe from Lifestyle Markets. I have adapted the recipe to serve two (but I always wish I made the full recipe for four so I would have leftovers):
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (1 navel orange)
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the jam, orange juice and rosemary and set aside.
- Heat 1-2 Tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, cook 3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Flip chicken over, add onion around the edges.
- Salt and pepper the chicken, cook 3 more minutes.
- Pour the jam/juice/rosemary over the chicken, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 8-10 minutes (until chicken is fully cooked).
- Lift chicken onto serving plates.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and boil sauce uncovered for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken (also excellent on rice) and serve.