Friday, May 15, 2009

Raspberry Smoothie


One of the hardest parts of learning to live with allergies is figuring out what to eat for breakfast. Recently I started making fruit smoothies. They are so tasty that it doesn't seem like I'm being deprived at all. I do find that I still need to have a grain (like cereal, a muffin, or pancakes) with this in order to feel full.

I choose different fruit combinations every time I make this. Here is what I had most recently, but feel free to make up your own concoction. This makes 3 large glasses of raspberry smoothie:
  • 1/2 papaya, chopped
  • 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
  • 1 plum, pitted and chopped
  • handful of raspberries
  • 1 apple, cored and chopped
  • 3 slices banana
  • raspberry juice to cover 2/3 of the fruit

  1. Add fruit to blender, pour in juice.
  2. Puree and then liquefy until smooth and any peels are tiny.
  3. Store leftovers covered in fridge up to 2 days.
I usually use orange juice, but the raspberry juice worked nicely with this mix. Other fruits I sometimes use include mangoes, grapes, peaches, nectarines, kiwis or blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment