One of the hardest parts of learning to live with allergies is figuring out what to eat for breakfast. Recently I started making fruit smoothies. They are so tasty that it doesn't seem like I'm being deprived at all. I do find that I still need to have a grain (like cereal, a muffin, or pancakes) with this in order to feel full.
I choose different fruit combinations every time I make this. Here is what I had most recently, but feel free to make up your own concoction. This makes 3 large glasses of raspberry smoothie:
- 1/2 papaya, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 plum, pitted and chopped
- handful of raspberries
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 3 slices banana
- raspberry juice to cover 2/3 of the fruit
- Add fruit to blender, pour in juice.
- Puree and then liquefy until smooth and any peels are tiny.
- Store leftovers covered in fridge up to 2 days.