These yummy breakfast muffins were inspired by a recipe for Carrot Cupcakes at Speedbump Kitchen. I adjusted the recipe to make them gluten-free (they were already dairy/egg free).
I made them in my new silicone tall muffin pan, so they are shaped like mini-cakes! This recipe makes about 16 muffins.
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 apple, cored and grated
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup safflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Ener-G egg replacer + 4 Tbsp water
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk egg replacers and water together in medium bowl. Add all other wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Fill silicone or paper-lined muffin pans almost to the top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until set on top.