Friday, April 24, 2009

Breakfast Cereals - Part One


After recently learning that we had to add oats to Little Man's allergen list, I went cruising the cereal aisles once more in my search for wheat-free, oat-free, dairy-free, nut-free cereals. There aren't many that fit that description. But I discovered a brand, Perky's, that manufactures their cereals for Enjoy Life (and I looove them, my providers of yummy chocolate). I also trust them, which is important when looking at foods through allergy-filtered eyes.

So I decided to give their cereals a try. The first one I tried, Nutty Flax, tasted like a good-for-you health cereal.

I am not a health cereal fan.

I am more of a Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops, Lucky Charms connoisseur.

But I have to say, it's been a week, I've eaten it three or four times and now it tastes pretty good. I really like the texture (crunchy up to and including the last bite). Now it tastes nutty and wholesome (which is a much better taste than "good for you" somehow). So this will be on my shopping list again when it runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment