Quesadillas: the new excitement in my life. I have finally found some corn tortillas that don't contain soy or anything else we can't have! This helps fulfil my craving for bread products at lunch. It's strange that I never used to eat a lot of bread products, but I would have the occasional tortilla wrap. Now that I can't eat wheat, I suddenly want sandwiches and wraps for lunch. Enter corn tortillas. Specifically, Grimm's 6" Tortillas.
Here's what I've been savouring for lunch:
- 2 6" corn tortillas
- 1/3 large avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbps salsa
- a few thin slices of leek, washed well and separated into rings
- small handful fresh pea shoots
- Mash avocado in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread avocado over one side of each tortilla.
- Spread salsa, leeks and pea shoots on one tortilla.
- Putting avocado sides together, stack tortillas.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in small frypan.
- Fry tortillas until golden on first side, 2-3 minutes.
- Flip tortillas and fry until golden and heated through, 2-3 minutes.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice into quarters.