Friday, April 17, 2009

Avocado and Pea-Shoot Quesadillas


Quesadillas: the new excitement in my life. I have finally found some corn tortillas that don't contain soy or anything else we can't have! This helps fulfil my craving for bread products at lunch. It's strange that I never used to eat a lot of bread products, but I would have the occasional tortilla wrap. Now that I can't eat wheat, I suddenly want sandwiches and wraps for lunch. Enter corn tortillas. Specifically, Grimm's 6" Tortillas.


Here's what I've been savouring for lunch:

  • 2 6" corn tortillas
  • 1/3 large avocado
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 Tbps salsa
  • a few thin slices of leek, washed well and separated into rings
  • small handful fresh pea shoots
  1. Mash avocado in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. Spread avocado over one side of each tortilla.
  3. Spread salsa, leeks and pea shoots on one tortilla.
  4. Putting avocado sides together, stack tortillas.
  5. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in small frypan.
  6. Fry tortillas until golden on first side, 2-3 minutes.
  7. Flip tortillas and fry until golden and heated through, 2-3 minutes.
  8. Use a pizza cutter to slice into quarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment