Sunday, April 12, 2009

Banana Mini Muffins


I'm still at the stage where I'm searching for snack food that I can eat. One of my favourites is something that I have been making for Little Man for a while, but only recently thought "hey, I could eat that too". Yes, lightbulb moment. I get so caught up with trying to find things for Little Man to eat that I completely forget that I need to eat too. So now I whip up a batch of mini muffins every 3-4 days and don't feel guilty when I eat "his" food because there are always plenty to go around.

I adapted this recipe from one provided to us by Little Man's nutritionist.

Dry ingredients (stir together in a medium bowl):
  • 1 1/4 cups brown rice flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Wet ingredients (mash together with a fork in a small bowl):
  • 2 mashed ripe bananas
  • 1/4 cup safflower oil
  • 1/8 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  1. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring just enough to combine.
  2. Drop batter into mini muffin cups (I use a silicone pan, so I don't need to grease the pan).
  3. Bake at 350 degrees (325 convection) for 17 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment